I’ve been sitting on this award for quite some time. The holidays got the better of me and I am long overdue to thank not one, but two lovely bloggers who bestowed on me The Versatile Blogger Award.
Shoes on the Wrong Feet and Worrywarts Guide to Weight, Sex, and Marriage both honored me with this award before Christmas, and I got bogged down with holiday hoopla. I appreciate any recognition, and I adore these fellow bloggers.
So here is some info about me that I am supposed to divulge, that you may or may not want to know:
1) My kids never sneak candy out of our pantry (seriously, they always ask), but when they aren’t looking, I shove handfuls into my mouth. Bad Mommy.
2) I thought I would get married when I was 30. At my first job out of college, I met a man, fell in love, and we were engaged within four months of our first date. So much for plans. We’ve been married 14 years.
3) I can never remember my age. Most of the time I ask my son. I still feel like I am in my twenties. If you are as old as you feel, that is a good thing. I think I’m 38.
4) I do not own a scale. I know I’ve gained weight if my pants feel tight and I’ve lost weight if they are loose.
5) I am a bit shy and I’ve always had jobs that force me to interact with lots of people. I’ve been a cashier and a reporter, and those two jobs have taught me more than anything else I’ve ever experienced. Being around lots of different kinds of people is a gift. I went into homes and neighborhoods that I never would have otherwise, talked to people I would never have talked to. People are people. Some are great. Some are idiots.
6) The strangest interview I had was at a huge, plantation-style house. I thought it would be gorgeous inside. It was nasty, with 70s-era shag carpet and velour furniture. The man threw his legs over the side of the chair and the woman talked away. At one point, the man lifted up his rear and farted. It took every ounce of strength I had to stay composed.
7) I slept through my son’s birth. I went in to be induced and they gave me a sleeping pill. I went into labor on my own and they had to wake me up to break my water, give me an epidural, and for each push. On the video, I am holding my son and dozing off…a sweet moment.
And now for the blogs that deserve some recognition…(Pass the award along if you wish, or just enjoy a mention. I think you’re great.) Readers, check these blogs out:
The Life of JWo
When the Kids Go to Bed
Young American Wisdom
This Woman’s Work
And now on to another award. The Life of JWo gave me the 7 x 7 Link Award. The first post of his that drew me in was about his wife’s panties, the fact that she has about, oh, nine times more than me. It made me seriously re-evaluate my underwear drawer. He then hooked me with his admittance to a Walmart shopping addiction. A man who impulse-buys more than I do—or any woman I know for that matter. Good stuff.
For this award, I get to tell something about myself that my followers don’t know. I think I safely covered that above. I also get to share seven of my posts that fit the following categories. Read these if you haven’t:
1) Most Surprisingly Successful: Whoopee! perfectly describes my husband and me. I can take the toilet talk and he can’t. I’m the one you’ll see snickering at eight-year-old humor.
2) Most Underrated: The Boys’ Bathroom: Sometimes You Don’t Want to Know…this needs no explanation. Read it if you haven’t.
3) Most Popular: A Santa Surprise was a big draw. I didn’t get a good photo of my kids with Santa, but I’ll never forget the lady I saw there. I can’t spoil the surprise. Go read it if you didn’t.
4) Most Beautiful: Little Hands shows how the little moments of the day touch me unexpectedly. Silly little things move me, make me cry. One day my son’s hands will be all furry and big, not so cute really.
5) Most Helpful: Confessions of a Germophobe is helpful to know about me, to know why I may flinch if breathed on in winter or why I may go through a lot of disinfectant, even though my cleaning skills must need some work (refer to number 7).
6) Most Controversial: All was quiet on the comment front when I published No Elf on This Shelf. Very few friends responded to this one and I knew I probably stepped on some toes. Just statin’ why I couldn’t get one, that’s all folks.
7) Most Prideworthy: My Friend, the Neat Freak is one of my favorites, along with Bedroom Basketball. I’m not a perfectionist and that basketball game shows what most nights in this house are like.
And the 7 x 7 goes to seven worthy bloggers…
Orange Spice Drop
Mommy Said a Swear Word
Worrywart’s Guide to Weight, Sex, and Marriage
Shoes on the Wrong Feet